The uniqueness of the individual is what brings strength to the team.
Valuing the Individual
Individual differences in the workplace must be sought after, nurtured, and respected. High performance organizations understand this, but sometimes that’s easier said than done. How do you coach workers not only to respect their colleagues and traits each individual possesses, but also to seek out those co-workers as team members? How do you teach everyone to get along?
In this course, you will discover the foundation for understanding diversity and developing skills for working in environments and groups composed of diverse individuals.
Specifically you will learn the value of:
- Diversity in high performance organizations.
- Appreciating diversity.
- Using the advantages of diversity and inclusion for growth and expansion in a global marketplace.
- Communication guidelines.
Problem: A manager faces a team in which everyone is different. What does she do?
- Solution A: She demands that everyone think and act alike.
- Solution B: She observes the differences and puts them to work for the team.
The manager is likely to choose either solution before participating in the Managing Diversity course. Afterwards, Solution B will be her choice. This module will align participants with High Performance thinking and managing. In this session, the leader will cover a wide range of topics including issues of race, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, and physical ability in the workplace.
Contact Us for more details.